The Regional Transportation Plan, a long-range comprehensive plan, is the primary means by which federal and state funds are allocated to the Cape's transportation needs. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), a collaboration of local, regional, state, and federal transportation officials, votes on this federally required document, which is compiled and maintained by the staff of the Cape Cod Commission. It is updated every four years.
Cape Cod 2024 Regional Transportation Plan
The Cape Cod 2024 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is a community-driven, performance-based plan that considers the unique challenges and opportunities of the region and establishes spending priorities to allocate available surface transportation funding towards transportation infrastructure projects for Cape Cod through 2044.
The 2024 RTP was adopted on July 24, 2023 by the Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization after a robust public process including of two dozen public meeting and various outreach events and nearly 500 public comments.
The plan also includes over $880 million for roadways, bridges, sidewalks, and path in the region and over $525 million in transit funding. These projects represents a significant investment in the region in the regions infrastructure over the next 20 years.
- 2024 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan Executive Summary
- O Plano Regional de Transporte de 2024 Sumário Executivo
- 2024 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan Endorsed July 2023
- 2024 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan with Appendix Endorsed July 2023
- RTP Appendix A - Historical Context and the Future of Transportation
- RTP Appendix B - Existing Conditions
- RTP Appendix C - Safety
- RTP Appendix D - Security
- RTP Appendix E - Freight
- RTP Appendix F - Bicycle & Pedestrian
- RTP Appendix G - Congestion Management Plan
- RTP Appendix H - Climate Change
- RTP Appendix I - Stormwater Management
- RTP Appendix J - Pavement Management
- RTP Appendix K - Access to Essential Services and Regional Cooperation
- RTP Appendix L - Title VI Nondiscrimination Program
- RTP Appendix M - Transportation Project Analysis
- RTP Appendix N - Greenhouse Gas Analysis
- RTP Appendix O - Survey Results
- RTP Appendix P - Statewide Tables
- RTP Appendix Q - Public Comments
Click Below to Watch a Recording of the 2024 Regional Transportation Plan Listening Session from March 2023. Click here to view of the recording of a 2024 Regional Transportation Plan public meeting in July 2023.