The Town of Brewster is seeking to improve the travel experience for all users of its streets – motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists – through the development of a Complete Streets Prioritization Plan. With funding provided by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, the Town of Brewster has retained the services of the Cape Cod Commission transportation staff to develop this plan. The purpose of this study is to explore transportation improvement alternatives that will accommodate all users by creating a context-sensitive roadway network that meets the needs of individuals utilizing a variety of transportation modes.
A key component for the development of the prioritization plan is public outreach. There will be two public meetings scheduled during the project to gather feedback from residents as well as coordination with the Town’s Bikeways Committee. In preparation for the public meetings, below are links to background documents and other resources.
- Brewster Complete Streets Policy (link)
- Other town documents: Bicycling Brewster Strategy (link), Brewster Vision Plan (link) and associated Community Infrastructure Infrastructure Summary Paper (link), and the Brewster Coastal Resource Management Plan - Preserving Beach and Landing Access (link)
- Cape Cod Rail Trail Count Data Summary (link)
- Cape Cod Commission data and analysis on traffic volumes (link) and safety/crash trends (link)
- Visit the MassDOT Complete Streets Funding Program portal (link) to learn more about the Complete Streets Funding Program.
- Additional resources, including multi-modal planning studies conducted in the area, are included under 'Project Resources' below