In March 2018, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency incorporated the 2017 Implementation Report into the Area Wide Water Quality Management Plan. The Implementation Report recognizes the success toward implementation in all 15 towns and the region and acknowledges the challenges that remain. It identifies 11 priority watersheds and provides a schedule by which action must be taken.
Along with the Implementation Report, the Commission released reports that characterize each of the 53 watersheds, the degree of impairment, and potential nitrogen management scenarios. For many communities, these watershed reports reflect years of planning and progress.
The Commission tracks ongoing water quality work through updates to the watershed reports and in the Cape Cod Water Quality Improvement Projects storymap.
2017 Implementation Report
- 2017 Implementation Report (2.1 Mb)
- Appendix A - Response to Comments
- Appendix B - Watershed Reports
- Appendix C - Local Progress
- Appendix D - Technology Monitoring Guidance and Protocols
- Appendix E - Local Projects Funded by FY16 State 208 Implementation Funds
- Appendix F - Draft Guidance for Groundwater Discharge
- Appendix G - Guidance on Section 208 Plan Update Consistency Review
- Appendix H - Nutrient Growth Management Plan Consistency Statement
- Appendix I - Draft Special Review Procedure
- Appendix J - Draft MEPA CCC Joint Review Memorandum of Understanding
- Appendix K - Draft Guidance for a Watershed Permit Plan 5-24-2016
- Appendix K - Draft Watershed Permit Program Summary 6-21-2016
- Appendix L - Technical Memorandum on Barnstable County Septage Analysis
- Appendix M - Status of 208 Plan Update Recommendations
(Appendix B) Click on the watershed map or use the text links below for embayment watershed reports.