AGENDA: Cape Cod Joint Transportation Committee
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with all members of the Cape Cod Joint Transportation Committee participating remotely, pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law dated March 12, 2020.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following link: https://capecodcommission.org/jtc/join
- Going online capecodcommission.org/jtc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.” Participants wishing to speak should click on the “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the chair. The chair will recognize participants. If prompted for a passcode, enter: join.
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 932 6393 2207. Participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair. The chair will recognize participants.
Meeting materials may be accessed at www.capecodcommission.org/jtc. It is recommended that phone participants access materials in advance of the meeting. Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before the start of the meeting and call (508) 362-3828 if you have any issues joining.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: March 12, 2021
- Public Comment
- Route 28 Speed Limits Update: Massachusetts Department of Transportation staff will describe a recent speed limit evaluation of Route 28 from the town of Bourne to Orleans.
- Transit Safety Performance Targets: Staff will present, and the Joint Transportation Committee members may vote to recommend the adoption of Transit Safety Performance targets for the Cape Cod region.
- Federal Fiscal Year (October 1– September 30) (“FFY”) 2022 Unified Planning Work Program (“UPWP”) Development: Staff will present, and Committee members may vote to recommend release for public comment, the draft 2022 UPWP.
- FFY 2021-2025 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Amendment 1: Staff will present the 2021-2025 TIP Amendment 1 released for public comment by the Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization on March 15, 2021. Committee members may vote to recommend endorsement of Amendment 1 which would allocate additional funding to the Route 28 at Yarmouth Road intersection project.
- FFY 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Development: Staff will present, and Committee members may vote to recommend release for public comment, the draft 2022-2026 TIP.
- Pavement Management Update: Staff will present the Pavement Management 2020 Status Report that details the pavement condition of municipal roadways on Cape Cod. More information is available at capecodcommission.org/pavement.
- Reports: Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority, and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Joint Transportation Committee (JTC) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod JTC by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com. Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod JTC complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod JTC to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod JTC. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the JTC’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.If this information is needed in another language, please contact the JTC’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da JTC pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, JTC, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).