AGENDA: Cape Cod Commission Climate Action Subcommittee
Members of the Cape Cod Commission Climate Action Subcommittee may attend and may participate/deliberate at the Cape Cod Climate Initiative Subregional Municipal Working Group for the Outer Cape Towns (Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro, Provincetown) held on Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. to be accessed virtually as described below:
Note: The meeting will be held virtually using the “Zoom” meeting platform, with all meeting participants participating remotely, pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law dated March 12, 2020.
The public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following zoom meeting link: https://capecodcommission.org/climate/outercape
- If prompted for a passcode, enter: join
- Going online to https://www.capecodcommission.org/ccc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.” Meeting participants wishing to speak should click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the meeting facilitator.
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 978 5619 8462
- Participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the meeting facilitator.
- Prior to the meeting, participants should follow the instructions on the following link to ensure they have the latest version of ZOOM to fully participate in the meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version
AGENDA ITEMS FOR CAPE COD CLIMATE INITIATIVE SUBREGIONAL WORKING GROUP for the OUTER CAPE are replicated below for ease of reference and are also available at the following link:
Welcome and Introductions
Introduction to the Cape Cod Climate Action Plan Process
Cape Cod Commission staff will provide a brief presentation on the Cape Cod Climate Initiative and the process to develop the Cape Cod Climate Action Plan.
Climate Risks, Hazards, Vulnerabilities, and Priorities to Date
Cape Cod Commission staff will provide a presentation on predicted climate impacts, subregional vulnerabilities, results of the regional greenhouse gas emissions inventory, and their understanding of local climate resiliency mitigation and adaptation priorities and actions to date. Meeting participants will have an opportunity to provide staff with additional information on their local knowledge on the presentations and to discuss the information presented.
Priority Municipal Adaptation and Mitigation Actions
Meeting participants will collaborate in smaller, town-specific groups on the Zoom platform to identify and discuss their town’s top priority actions related to climate change, as well as additional or alternative actions they might consider prioritizing if they had more support from neighboring towns, the region, or the state.
Small Group Reports on Municipal Adaptation and Mitigation Actions
Breakout groups will report the results of their small group discussions on priority municipal adaptation and mitigation actions related to climate change.
Break (15 minutes)
Identifying Opportunities and Barriers to Implementation
Meeting participants will collaborate in smaller, town-specific groups on the Zoom platform to identify and discuss the barriers they face in implementing their town’s top priority actions related to climate change, and identify what support the Cape Cod Climate Action Plan may provide, build or leverage for their town.
Small Group Reports on Opportunities and Barriers
Breakout groups will report the results of their small group discussion on barriers to implementing measures to address climate change.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the Cape Cod Commission at
(508) 362-3828 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting; for Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) dial 711.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI pelo telefone (508) 744-1299 or Para serviços de retransmissão de telecomunicações, disque 711.