The Cape Cod License Plate grant program focuses on regional priorities for economic development, determined annually, that align with implementation of the region’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). The grants' eligible recipients are non-profits and municipalities. The regional priority initiatives identified in the 2019 CEDS Action Plan are:
- Local Business Development
- Blue Economy Sector Development
- Comprehensive and Activity Center Planning
- Housing Access and Affordability
- Climate Change Innovation
- Regional Infrastructure Planning, Development, and Funding (including wastewater, drinking water, broadband, energy, and solid waste)
- Transportation and Air Quality Improvement
County and Commission Roles
The BCEDC is responsible for determining grant priorities, reviewing grant proposals, and making funding recommendations to the Barnstable County Commissioners for grant awards.
Commission staff will support the grant program, providing administrative support to prepare the request for proposals and application forms, advise applicants of process, coordinate grants committee meetings and grant approvals through the Barnstable County Commissioners, and correspond with applicants regarding the award decisions and with grant recipients regarding disbursement of funds and progress reporting.