Climate Action Subcommittee Attendance at Stakeholder Working Group
Meeting Agenda for the Cape Cod Commission Climate Action Subcommittee’s Participation in the Cape Cod Climate Action Plan Communications and Education Working Group
Note: The meeting will be held virtually using the “Zoom” meeting platform, with all participants participating remotely, pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law dated March 12, 2020. The public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following zoom meeting link: https://capecodcommission.org/climate/comm If prompted for a passcode, enter: join
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 944 2493 9934
WORKING GROUP AGENDA
- Welcome and Introductions
- Introduction to the Cape Cod Climate Action Plan and stakeholder process – Cape Cod Commission staff will review the process to develop the climate action plan, including the stakeholder outreach process, development of a regional greenhouse gas inventory, and other components of the planning process.
- Introduce Communications Framework – Cape Cod Commission staff will review a draft outline for a climate communications framework. Stakeholders will have an opportunity to ask clarifying questions and discuss the components of the framework.
- Identifying Key Communications Challenges and Opportunities – Cape Cod Commission staff will discuss feedback received during the climate action planning process to date regarding communications challenges and opportunities. Stakeholders will discuss challenges and opportunities relevant to towns and regional government, educators, and non-governmental organizations.
- Climate Ambassadors Program – Cape Cod Commission staff will provide an overview of the Climate Ambassador Program, intended for students in grades 9-12, including the goals and outline of content for the program. Stakeholders will have an opportunity to provide feedback on the program outline, including identifying resources to leverage and speakers to engage.
- Public Comment
- Next Steps – Cape Cod Commission staff will discuss next steps, including agenda items for the next working group meeting.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the Cape Cod Commission at (508) 362-3828 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting; for Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) dial 711.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI pelo telefone (508) 744-1299 or Para serviços de retransmissão de telecomunicações, disque 711.