AGENDA: Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with members of the Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization participating remotely, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, An Act Relative to Extending Certain Covid-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency as amended.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following link: https://capecodcommission.org/mpo/join, passcode: join
Participants wishing to speak should click the “Raise Hand” icon on the lower toolbar to notify the chair. In some versions of Zoom, "Raise Hand" is under the "More" icon. The chair will recognize participants.
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 932 6393 2207
Phone participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair. Press * 6 to mute/unmute. The chair will recognize participants.
Meeting materials may be accessed at https://www.capecodcommission.org/mpo.
Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before the start of the meeting and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues joining.
- Call to Order
- Roll call/Attendance
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: September 19, 2022
- Public Comment
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1 – September 30) 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Amendment #1: Staff will describe, and the committee members may vote to release for a 21-day public comment period, draft Amendment #1 to the TIP which would revise the listing of Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority projects to reflect additional available funding and changes to planned projects.
- Cape Cod Safety Studies: Staff will provide an overview of three recently completed studies (listed below) which address transportation safety across Cape Cod. Committee members may discuss these studies which are available at capecodcommission.org/safety.
- Top 50 Crash Locations (2018-2020)
- Route 6 Safety Report
- Before and After Crash Analysis of Recent Construction Projects
- 2024 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Development: Following an introduction by staff, the Committee members will discuss of areas of focus for the development of the 2024 RTP, the long-range transportation vision document for Cape Cod.
- Safe Routes to School: Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) staff will provide an overview of the Safe Routes to School infrastructure grants opportunities available for publicly-funded schools in Massachusetts.
- Reports: MassDOT staff will discuss the status of the Cape Cod Canal Area Transportation Improvement Program and Transportation Improvement Program projects. Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com.
Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).