AGENDA: Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee
The meeting will be held by remote participation by the Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law dated March 12, 2020.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of two methods:
- Going online to https://capecodcommission.org/bccmc/join To speak, click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box; OR
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 962 2377 8326. To speak, press #9 to notify chair.
Detailed instructions on accessing the meeting are at www.capecodcommission.org/meetingnotices
Phone participants should access materials in advance of the meeting. Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before start time and call (508) 362-3828 if you have any issues.
- Call to Order, including welcome of new Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee member, Ron Bergstrom, Board of Regional Commissioners appointee
- Review and approval of prior meeting minutes: October 28, 2020
- Committee Discussion and possible vote to forward to the Board of Regional Commissioners two representatives of the Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee to serve on the Barnstable County Dredging Subcommittee.
- Barnstable County Dredging Program update: Ken Cirillo, Barnstable County Dredge Manager, will provide an update on Barnstable County’s dredging program including the establishment of a Barnstable County Dredge Subcommittee.
- Cape Cod Cooperative Extension update: Shannon Hulst, Deputy Director, Cape Cod Cooperative Extension will give an update on activities of the coastal programs at the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension and WHOI (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute) Sea Grant.
- Cape Cod Commission update on the Cape Cod Climate Initiative: Heather McElroy, Cape Cod Commission Natural Resources Manager, will provide an update of the Cape Cod Climate Initiative including an overview of the development and outreach process leading to the drafting of a Climate Action Plan.
- Reports from members: Members will provide updates on relevant projects and activities of their organizations and discuss current coastal management issues affecting Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
- Next Meeting: Committee members will discuss the schedule and agenda for their next meeting.
- Public Comment