AGENDA: Cape Cod Climate Action Plan, Stakeholder Working Groups
Cross Sector Stakeholder Meeting Agenda
This meeting is being held virtually as allowed by Governor Baker’s order suspending certain provisions of the Open meeting law dated March 12, 2020. Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following link: https://capecodcommission.org/climate/cross-sector
- If prompted for a passcode, enter: join
- By calling in by phone to (929) 205-6099 and entering Meeting ID: 941 9831 1323
Engage a cross section of stakeholders from the transportation, energy, housing and development, natural resources and working lands, and municipal working groups to identify opportunities for advancing climate actions that support multiple regional priorities
- Welcome and Introductions
- Process to Date and Objectives for Cross Sector Group
Cape Cod Commission staff will briefly review the Cape Cod Climate Action Plan development process, describe why the cross-sector group was convened, and the objectives for the meeting
- Approaches for Achieving Multiple Regional Priorities through Climate Action
Staff from the Consensus Building Institute will facilitate a discussion with the group on how climate action can achieve multiple regional goals and priorities. Identified questions for discussion are the result of conversations during sector-specific stakeholder groups and focus groups held by participating organizations. They represent areas where additional feedback is needed to develop appropriate climate action goals, strategies, actions, and steps. Example discussion points include but are not limited to:
- How can the real estate transaction process be leveraged to encourage implementation of energy efficiency measures in existing building stock?
- How can the region encourage development of renewable energy while preventing the development of vegetated, forested, and working lands?
- How can the region strive toward net zero development and redevelopment of public buildings and affordable housing while being sensitive to cost and potential financial impacts to residents?
- Public Comment
- Next Steps
Cape Cod Commission staff will describe next steps, including how feedback will be incorporated into the Climate Action Plan.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the Cape Cod Commission at (508)362-3828 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting; for Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) dial 711.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI pelo telefone (508)744-1299 or Para serviços de retransmissão de telecomunicações, disque 711.