AGENDA: Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Management Board
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- Clicking on the zoom meeting link: https://capecodcommission.org/cciwpf/join
If prompted for a passcode, enter: join
- Going online to capecodcommission.org/cciwpf and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.”
- Calling in to 1-929-205-6099 and entering meeting ID 962 3150 0800
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with members of the Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund (CCIWPF) Management Board participating remotely, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, An Act Relative to Extending Certain Covid-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency, signed into law on June 16, 2021.
Detailed instructions on accessing the meeting are at www.capecodcommission.org/meetingnotices
Phone participants should access materials in advance of the meeting. Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before start time and call (508) 362-3828 if you have any issues.
- Roll Call
- Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: 4/14/2021 Management Board, 11/30/2021 Bylaws and Regulations Committee, 12/14/2021 Executive Committee
- Election of Officers: The Board will vote to elect a Chair and Vice-Chair for the term ending June 30, 2023.
- Appointment of Bylaws and Regulations Committee Member: The Board will discuss and may vote to appoint a Board member to fill a vacancy on the Bylaws and Regulations Committee.
- Amendments to Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Regulations: The Board will review and discuss minor amendments to the Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund regulations, which describe the process by which funds will be distributed. The Board may vote to adopt the amended regulations. The draft is available at capecodcommission.org/meetingnotices.
- Administrative and Technical Support Costs: Commission staff will discuss administrative and technical support costs incurred from January 2019 to December 2021. The Board may vote to reimburse the Commission for expenses incurred, as well as on an approach for annual reimbursement of expenses.
- Water Quality Monitoring: The Board will discuss the provision in M.G.L. Section 19 of Chapter 337 of the Acts of 2018 that, in part, allows funds from the Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund to be dedicated to water quality monitoring. The Board may vote to direct the Executive Committee to work with Commission staff to develop an approach to support regional water quality monitoring for consideration by the full Board.
- Subsidy Awards: The Management Board may vote to make final commitments to fund qualified projects listed on the 2020 Clean Water Intended Use Plan for which Project Regulatory Agreements have been executed since April 2021 (list of projects available at capecodcommission.org/meetingnotices).
- Pre-Existing Debt: Commission staff and PFM Financial Advisors will review the process to verify debt that pre-exists the creation of the Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund for the towns of Provincetown, Chatham, Barnstable, and Falmouth and summarize final subsidy awards (list of pre-existing debt available at capecodcommission.org/meetingnotices). The Board may vote on whether to grant final subsidy awards for pre-existing debt.
- 2021 Annual Report: Commission staff will review the draft 2021 Cape Cod and Islands Water Protection Fund Annual Report. The Board will have an opportunity to provide feedback and may vote to submit the annual report to the Chairs of the Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture and members of the Cape Cod and Islands Legislative Delegation, as required by Massachusetts General Laws (M.G.L.) Section 19 of Chapter 337 of the Acts of 2018, An Act Regulating and Insuring Short-Term Rentals.
- Comments on Barnstable County Allocation of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds: Board members will discuss and may vote to submit a comment letter to the Barnstable County Commissioners providing input on the allocation of Barnstable County ARPA funds.
- Member Reports: Members, including ex-officio members and non-member community representatives from Dukes and Nantucket Counties, will have an opportunity to provide comments and reports on local and regional water resources initiatives.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
- Public Comment
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the Cape Cod Commission at (508)362-3828 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting; for Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) dial 711.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI pelo telefone (508)744-1299 or Para serviços de retransmissão de telecomunicações, disque 711.