AGENDA: Barnstable County Economic Development Council
Note: the meeting will be held by remote participation by the Barnstable County Economic Development Council pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s order suspending certain provisions of the open meeting law dated March 12, 2020.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following zoom meeting link: https://capecodcommission.org/bcedc/join
- Going online to www.capecodcommission.org/bcedc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.” Participants wishing to speak should click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the chair.
- Call in to 1-929-205-6099 and entering meeting ID 944 2493 9934. Participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair.
- Roll Call
- Review and Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: 11/13/2020; 12/10/2020
- COVID-related Population Shifts: Cape Cod Commission (Commission) staff will review and take feedback on strategies for estimating population shifts that may be occurring as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Homeowner Survey: Commission staff will discuss a proposed survey of second homeowners and homeowners who purchased a residential property in Barnstable County in 2020. Barnstable County Economic Development Council members will have an opportunity to provide feedback on potential questions for the survey.
- Business Recovery Planning: Commission staff will review and take feedback on business recovery planning efforts, including development of technical assistance webinars and toolkits for business owners in the region’s industries most heavily impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Land Use Planning for Economic Resilience: Commission staff will provide details on a proposed study to evaluate the evolving nature of retail in the Cape Cod region, including impacts to retail resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Barnstable County Economic Development Council members may vote to provide a letter of support for project funding to the Massachusetts Office of Business Development’s Regional Pilot Grant Program.
- Cape Cod Commission Executive Director Update: Kristy Senatori will report on recent staff activities.
- Member Reports: Barnstable County Economic Development Council members will report on any recent economic development activities, including but not limited to economic development issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.