AGENDA: Barnstable County Economic Development Council
Note: the meeting will be held by remote participation by the Barnstable County Economic Development Council (BCEDC) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s order suspending certain provisions of the open meeting law dated March 12, 2020.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following zoom meeting link: https://capecodcommission.org/bcedc/join
- Going online to capecodcommission.org/bcedc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.” Participants wishing to speak should click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the chair.
- Call in to 1-929-205-6099 and entering meeting ID 944 2493 9934. Participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair.
- Roll Call
- Election of Officers: BCEDC members will vote to elect a chair and vice-chair for the 2021 calendar year.
- Authorization to Post Vacancies: BCEDC members will discuss and potentially vote to authorize Cape Cod Commission staff to post BCEDC vacancies as they arise, without convening the BCEDC Nominating Committee.
- COVID-19 Business Economic Impact Survey: Cape Cod Commission staff will provide an overview of a draft survey that seeks to better understand local business needs during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the third Business Economic Impact Survey that will be issued during the COVID-19 pandemic. Members will have an opportunity to discuss and provide feedback.
- Harbor Study Report: Cape Cod Commission staff will review the harbor study report on the economic impacts of employment near harbors in Provincetown, Chatham, Dennis, and Falmouth. The findings were based on a survey issued in collaboration with the Urban Harbors Institute at UMass Boston in the spring of 2020.
- Cape Cod Commission Executive Director Update: Kristy Senatori will report on recent staff activities.
- Member Reports: BCEDC members will report on any recent economic development activities, including but not limited to economic development issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.